The Impartiality Monitoring Committee (IMC) is composed of representatives from areas of interest in the certification activity of GLÖCERT (hereinafter referred to as members). Observers may participate on IMC’s meetings.
Membership of the IMC is open for any individual representing one of the key interests identified by GLÖCERT :
- Clients of GLÖCERT or other certification bodies;
- Customers of organizations whose management system are certified by any certification body;
- Representatives of industry trade associations;
- Representatives of governmental regulatory bodies or other governmental services;
- Representatives of non-governmental organizations, including consumer organizations;
- Business or management system consultants;
- Management system auditors;
- Personnel of the certification body.
We invite and encourage individuals to apply for IMC membership. Requests should be sent by our contact form.
The members of the IMC have following duties:
To assists GLÖCERT in developing the policies relating to impartiality of its certification activities;
- To counteract any tendency on the part of a certification body to allow commercial or other considerations to prevent the consistent objective provision of certification activities;
- To advise on matters affecting confidence in certification, including openness and public perception;
- To conduct reviews, as least once annually, of the impartiality of the audit, certification and decision-making processes of GLÖCERT ;
- To verify in terms of impartiality auditors, the audit team leaders and technical experts involved in the certification activity;
- To monitor the financial situation and progress in business of GLÖCERT in terms of impartiality;
- To analyze in terms of impartiality the method of appointing the personnel in different functions;
- To analyze handling of complaints related to certification activity , including impartiality in case of decision related to certification holders;
- To identify risks related to impartiality and approve measures to reduce or eliminate such threats.